A team from Indonesia has been announced as the winner of the sixth annual Global Student Challenge competition, after facing a fiercely competitive international field. Kanigara Banu from Universitas Indonesia are the first Indonesian team to make the finals. They collected their award from CIOB President Professor Charles Egbu at his Inaugural Dinner last night, in one of his first official acts as President.
This year, 39 teams from four continents entered CIOB’s Global Student Challenge competition. They took their strategic, marketing, financial and management skills to the limit, developing disciplined decision making, teamwork and leadership. In the end, six teams qualified for the big final in Edinburgh.
The other finalists were:
• KLMN Construction Group – George Brown College, Canada
• Resilient Construction – Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
• Toomer Oaks Construction – Auburn University, USA
• HOTPOT CREW – Chongqing University, China
• Design & CurStruct – Curtin University, Australia
Follow the CIOB on Twitter for news about Global Student Challenge: @theCIOB.